Did you know?
Testicular cancer is the most widespread cancer amongst young men and its impact is in growth since 1983.
Approximately 10,000 cancers are diagnosed each year in Canada amongst young adults.
LE CANCER EST LA PRINCIPALE CAUSE DE DÉCÈS PRÉMATURÉ CHEZ LES JEUNES FEMMES ADULTES. LE CANCER DU SEIN EST LE PLUS FRÉQUENT DE CES CANCERS.
- Young adults who have had a pediatric cancer diagnosis are 8 times more likely to contract another in adulthood
- Young adults between 18-30 years old are 3-4 times more likely to develop cancer than children?
- The causes of cancer of the 18-30 years old are little known?
- Young adults to less likely to cure their cancer than children with the same disease?
- Less than 1% of the money invested in cancer research is spent for cancers affecting 18-30 years old patients?
- 6% of life years lost from cancer are due to cancer amongst young adults?
- Research to develop new treatments for young adults’ cancers is virtually nonexistent?
- Young adults with cancer represent less than 1% of patients enrolled in clinical research on new treatments against cancer?
- No medicines were developed, in the last 30 years, to treat cancer specifically affecting the 18-30 years old?
- Young adults with cancer are less fortunate financially than most other cancer patients?
- Treatments against cancer seriously affect young adults’ fertility?
- Radiation therapy used to treat cancer is more harmful in the long term for young adults by causing new cancers?
- Conventional chemotherapy can affect the heart and kidney functions, and cause long term damage that can decrease the quality of life and life expectancy?
- Young adults with cancer have a better chance of meeting other cancer patients who are 2-3 times their age in the centers against cancer than their peers?
- Many adults between 18-30 years old are survivors of a cancer who was treated at the pediatric age?
- Even though cancer is the leading cause of death, it represents less than a third of medical training?
- Quebec doesn’t have a register to list the number of young adults between 18-30 years old suffering from cancer annually?
© 2018 Néz pour vivre Foundation